Saturday, July 7, 2012

Procrastination is a Bad Word


Making excuses to postpone things that needed to be done is not an acceptable excuse. This attitude will mummify all goals that we have set to do and will remain so. The world is not able to compete with the cyber world in the movement pace which is moving faster than we can follow.
In light of what I have written in my introductory paragraph, I am initiating the FnB Gallleria Blog.

Visiting I’Saloni in Milan in mid-April was the knee jerk that prompted me to start the blog and to share my deep interest and a burning desire in designing as a whole. I would like to use this platform to share and share alike with designers wherever you may be in this borderless world, my childhood dream to evolve in the world of art and design.

As a kid growing up, my beloved parents always reminded me that education in the sciences is absolutely important, like being a doctor, a lawyer, an accountant or the noble profession of being an educator to secure a great future. Talk about art, I would always be discouraged, because my beloved dad would say “there is no money in art and I would have to work all my life my dear to feed you if your work does not sell”. This saying always rings a bell in my ear and of course my educational background ended up with statistics and computer science. However I went on a career path that was full circle in finance, technology, stock broking and an entrepreneur in technology before I finally settled for my childhood dream of being a designer. Do I regret being obedient and subservient to my parent’s desire, of course not? In fact I owe it to them, my educational background and the career path have given me the most fundamental requirements to develop my dream and establish a business in the designing industry.

Many friends ask me if it is worth pursuing this dream when technology is the new toy for this borderless world. My response to this, regardless, our lives revolve around design, like how would you drink if there is no cup. For me technology has provided me with the impetus to manage the company in a systematic and professional manner.

Lastly, I would like to thank my husband Amin, my two boys Riz and Kal and my dolly girl Aiman who were always very encouraging and supportive of my interest. May Allah bless my late parents who raised me to believe in myself and have a positive attitude and spare the negative attitude.  Never give up your dreams, toil and plant the seeds, it will germinate as you nurture it.

No comments:

Post a Comment